Friday, September 23, 2011

A New Chapter


There are a number of days in my life that I remember so well that I know the date.  I was married on May 20th, and ten days later on the 30th my wife and I celebrated her birthday.  Every year in early April I celebrate the day I was born, and in late April I remember (but do not celebrate, mind you, background investigator) a counterculture holiday my alma mater, the University of Colorado, is particularly fond of.  

I also remember March 29th, 2010, the day I passed the Foreign Service Oral Exams.  I remember it well enough to not even have to look it up, which I can't always say about the dates above.  This year, I would have celebrated December 24th with my family, not only as the eve of Christmas, but as the end of a long and difficult dream.  You see, I would have expired off the register on December 24th.  

I would have, that is, if September 23rd weren't the day I got an invitation to the Nov. 7th A-100 class.

More excitement to follow, friends, but the TL:DR is this:

I got the call. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!! Congrats!!!

That Lady, There said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Your hard-won victory is to be celebrated!

Ben said...

Very cool. Congrats!

I'll Take Mine... said...

Congrats!! Enjoy the glow.

Digger said...

That is awesome! I added Nov A-100 to your link and will move you to the FS blogroll in November (hopefully on the 7th, unless I get the wrong date in my head again. sigh.)

Post a Comment