Friday, February 25, 2011

And having dispensed with that....


So there we go.  In and out, just like I'd read.  I took my Turkish language test over the phone this morning, and I feel pretty good about it.  The whole thing took maybe 10 minutes, start to finish  (Mrs. Valdysses just chimed in with a "That's what she said" and a high five). 
I had two examiners, one who only spoke English, and one who only spoke Turkish, though it was obvious from their names and accents that they both spoke English AND Turkish perfectly well.

I got the standard instruction spiel (with no mention of an NDA) and had a brief conversation about myself, my experiences, and current events.  I never had to translate Turkish into English, and I only used one English word throughout (I forgot the Turkish name for Greece for a moment...).

I've read numerous accounts of people feeling certain they failed, and passing.  Hopefully my confidence is not an indicator of my eventual failure.  Only time will tell, I suppose. When it does, I'll tell you.

Until then, English only.  I'll just close my eyes and think of Erdoğan.

Allahallah...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK!!!

Bfiles said...

I will be crossing fingers for you!

Post a Comment